A common strategy followed by several countries, in the case of outbreaks of communicable and infectious diseases.
Who does home quarantine conditions apply to?
- A person arriving from a suspected or epidemic country within the last 14-24 days.
- A person who is in contact with another person who has been in an affected country or is suspected of having a pandemic within the last 14-24 days if symptoms of the infection appear.
- A person who is in contact with a person who has been infected with the Coronavirus during the last 14-24 days (friends, relatives, family, and healthcare providers in the primary health centers)
- All residents of the district / neighborhood / city in case the government approve it.
(The conditions mentioned above are subject to change according to the evaluation of the general situation, and for any updates that occur. Please follow all of the official pages of the Ministry of Health, and official TV channel).
How long is the quarantine?
The duration of the home quarantine is estimated of 14 days, and it may extend to 24 days, which is the incubation period for the virus before the onset of symptoms and before the person holding it becomes contagious, knowing that the virus may be contagious before the symptoms appear.
What are the advantages of adhering quarantine?
- Contributes to controlling the disease and limiting its spread locally if the person has the virus or is infected.
- It is the best option if all the quarantine chambers and isolation rooms in the state hospitals are full and they cannot accommodate more cases, in the event of an outbreak.
Instructions of home quarantine:
First: home quarantine when applying isolation strategy:
- Number of bathrooms: in the event of one bathroom, the infected / suspected person should sterilize the bathroom after each usage. In the event of two or more bathrooms, the bathroom should not be shared with the infected person.
- Temperature: heating the house to avoid a sharp drop in temperature.
- Ventilation: Ensure the presence of ventilation window for the quarantined person, while avoiding coughing outside the room.
- Accommodation: In the event that the injured person is suspected to be living in a building or a joint building, neighbors must be informed to take precautions. The ladder, door handles and elevator buttons must be cleaned regularly and periodically.
- Nutrition: A nutritionist should be consulted to determine the optimal diet and drinking water proportions that include immunity support for a home-quarantined patient (water, vitamins, and carbohydrates, proteins, and fats). More nutrition instructions will be published through our official pages.
- Readiness of the home for the elderly: The most vulnerable groups are the elderly; therefore, their home must be prepared to ensure their health, and this may require the presence of special equipment such as wheelchairs, and the presence of protection on the edges of the bed, in addition to the availability of the necessary medicines. If there is difficulty in meeting these requirements, you can contact the relevant authorities for assistance.
- #Note: Pregnant women should not be allowed to interact with the quarantined person throughout the incubation period of the disease and / or during illness.
Second: The condition of quarantined person:
- A healthmask should be worn at all times, including the period of no symptoms by the quarantined person and the person who lives with him/her, as the mask helps remind the wearer not to accidentallytouch the mouth or nose with fingers.
- The infected person should avoid physical contact with family members (husband, wife, children, etc.).
- Guests should not be welcomed during home quarantine period.
- Hands should be washed for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- The meals of the infected person should be placed and received at the door of the room, without physically touching him/her in the case of onset of symptoms.
- The patient is advised to stay in contact by phone and through social networks with relatives to support his/her psychological state.
- The phone should be sterilized regularly daily using sterile materials.
Third: the crucial moment through illness:
We define the crucial moment of corona disease, the moment when the quarantined begins to feel symptoms of the disease (fever, cough, sore throat, pain in the joints, shortness of breath, general fatigue, headache, dizziness) although the stage of infection with the Coronavirus may begin sometime before symptoms appear, but it peaks with the onset of symptoms.
Here, the citizen must make the informed and responsible decision, taking into account his family members and the people of the country, by avoiding direct contact or sudden exit, and being careful to wear a mask. Moreover, calling the emergency number 111 and explain the case to the doctor, and then the doctor will give the necessary instructions to the patient. Competent authorities may be immediately reached to determine the next step that may include completing the home quarantine, requesting to go to an approved center, or sending a vehicle designated for transportation to an approved center, or for examination.